View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #100
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
What if I don't break any laws? Why is it that in some countries (highly civilized countries, I may add) there is no breaking of the law involved when a private individual downloads content that might infringe copyright? Does this make the entire country unlawful, illegitimate, immoral? I am still trying to understand: Are you against people who might be breaking the law, or are you against those who download "pirated" content?
Personally I think that such laws are wrong, Alex, but:

a) I have a personal stake in this, so I am extremely biased.
b) Every country in the world has laws which some people think are bad.

Does it make the country immoral? No, of course it doesn't.

I am against those who download pirated content, and the reason I am is that I see my software, which I've worked damned hard on for 20+ years, illegally offered for sale on eBay, uploaded to Usenet newsgroups, etc, on a virtually weekly basis, and it hurts to see that, so I hope you'll understand that I do take it personally .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote