View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #53
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Well, the biggest book I got from Safari books (that's a pdf) took about 20MB of space, the smallest about 5MB. 1100MB (usable space) divided by 20 gives 55 books at any time in the worst case. Do you honestly need more? And in the unlikely case that you do there is a microSD card slot, you can get a 16GB (16000MB) card for less than €10.

A faster processor that will stay idle most of the time (something like 99% of time if you read one page in 99 seconds ), I can't see a pressing need for that either.

I find the stylus as useful, as you (and me) find Bluetooth. And regarding the aesthetics, I hardly get excited about a slab of glass even when the bezel is white

What matters to me is the main function, i.e. how well the device can display book pages and it seems that Onyx M92 is much better in this respect. I would not hesitate to get Onyx if I had the money at my disposal but still if I chucked €350 worth of glass into my backpack I would be rather worried...

Seeing Pocketbook in a big retailer like Pixmania is a good sign as this can only drive the prices down. I hope that Onyx will get noticed by the big guys some time soon too.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote