View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #38
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
^Ea
You finally make me understand the parallel to Goethe's Faust. Up to now it had escaped me. Bulgakov distributes the elements of the drama through different characters, and hides them by dimming the causal succession of events. They are singles or organized in dual agents, as you so brilliantly point out. Faust role is given to Pontius Pilatus, extraneous to the action but central and essential to the story.

Actually, the first time I read the novel, years ago, it was PP drama that had fascinated me. Not this time, although the pages with him are the best in the novel.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote