View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGirl View Post
P.S. I exited from calibre and tried it again. This time, it didn't think the current book was on the device so I added it. When I tried to access it on the STR, I got the following message: "This Nook cannot read this file. It may be an unsupported format."

Is this because I changed it to "Generic" rather than Barnes & Noble Nook?
You sent a format that the Nook can't handle.
Many e-readers only handle a few formats. (and the ones that handle many, don't always do them all well )

When you save to disk (the disk is on your device), you bypass the is, valid format checks.
Send to device should suggest a conversion if the reqired format is not available.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote