View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can only load 50 books onto my Kobo?

Just got the Kobo today, but I'm having trouble loading my Calibre library on it. I have 307 books, all formatted in epub and optimized for Kobo. I copied them to the Kobo with Calibre. When I disconnected the Kobo, it went into "Please wait while your Kobo eReader processes new content," and the progress bar got about a third of the way across and then stopped. None of the buttons worked; I had to use the paper clip in the reset hole trick. When it rebooted, there were only 150 books (the 100 that came with the Kobo plus the first 50 of mine). But in Windows, I could see all the files on the Kobo. I restored the Kobo to factory settings and tried again, with exactly the same result.

So I used Calibre (which, like Windows, thought all the books were on the Kobo) to delete the ones that weren't showing up on Kobo's menus, and then tried to add another 40 (in the hope that it was only letting me add 50 at a time). Calibre and Windows were both happy with the result. When I disconnected Kobo, however, it went into "please wait" and locked up again, this time with the progress bar barely started. One paper clip reboot later, I saw that none of the new books were showing up in Kobo's menus.

I hope I'm just doing something dumb (or not doing something). Does anybody know what the deal is? Thanks!
Medieval Guy is offline   Reply With Quote