View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikb View Post
1) Normally there some kind of communication a while on beforehand
Ehm ... do you have an example of that sort of beforehand communication which you can share? I'm not coming up with any recollection of any such ....

Quote:
2) This is a very premature product - the change between generation 1 and 2 is far greater than between 8 and 9 - and customer disappoinment will be much stronger
Well it seems to me that whether it is premature or not is rather a matter of opinion.

Wait, are you saying the iLiad was premature, or that the DR1000 is premature? I'm not sure I'm following you, and I know you've lost me on the 1,2 -- 8,9 thing.

Quote:
3) The biggest issue here is software support, for instance a way to use the wireless connection (currently pretty much useless), bookmarks, switch between documents etc.
Again, on the iLiad or the DR1000? It's sounding like the DR1000 has those things (with the possible exception of bookmarks), how can adding them to the new model be a disappointment to customers?

Quote:
It's not the hibernation, increased ram or bigger and better screen that annoys me - it's that I'm left with a premature product which should be improved quite a bit before/while moving on (this has also pretty much been promised from Irex)
Oh, I see, you're saying that the iLiad was premature, in your estimation, and that the further software support that they've committed to (I haven't been following iLiads enough to know the details on what they've committed to, I'm afraid) hasn't materialized, and you're concerned it now won't do so.

Did I get that correctly?

Assuming I did so, then yeah, that's annoying, but again, not terribly surprising. The iLiad forum here is lousy with complaints that they haven't done this or that which they agreed to do. Again, I don't like it, but corporations sometimes don't keep their promises for various reasons, it's no shocker. And while they haven't kept them yet, they are saying that they plan to continue to support the iLiad for the foreseeable future. Yeah, I agree that they probably aren't foreseeing very far here.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote