View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
This is the reason I gave up on tags and I use custom columns instead. You import one epub and it adds like 10 nonsense tags. I tried to fight this, but it was hopeless. Sadly, this makes tags completely useless. What good would tags do, when each e-book that is tagged in metadata brings their own, unique, incompatible set of tags. What good would tags do, when you have more unique tags than books?
Having a custom column works fine but is no more or less work then selecting and removing the tags after import. If you import 100 books, select them all and remove all tags with one batch metadata edit, check a box to remove all tags and click OK.

That said, I might move my collection creation to Series and a custom genre column and let the tags run crazy.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote