View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #14
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

I wouldn't call it pirated, but someone worked out the source site for the update and published it. All the people here, including me, wanted to play with it and hence talk about it. I am fine with that, but the complaining about problems with it if you weren't one of the target audience are another thing.
Absolutely. If I choose to download firmware (which, once it is released anywhere by Kobo is easy to get and distribute) that isn't intended for my device, it is entirely at my own risk. I'm not going to complain at Kobo for its oddities, but I am going report on them for other users benefit (and perhaps Kobo devs). It is, though, inaccurate to refer to the firmware as "pirated", EldRick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I hope it gets release a week or so ahead of the new devices so that exiting Touch users can install it without impacting the new users.
Or rent lots of new server space!

Last edited by Peakcrew; 09-13-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Wrong name cited.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote