View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #103
Keryl Raist
Zealot
Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I'm simply not as enamored as you are. Authors often don't make enough money to survive, which means if ads become at all common or acceptable, they will become more common until they will be very difficult to avoid.

Some product mentions are already done in magazines and some YA books (there was a big hoopla about it last year when people found out that some makeup company paid to be mentioned in a popular YA book.) Probably happens more than we realize it NOW and this is before linking, flashing lights and whatnot.

All that said, I believe Sedona drives a Mercedes in Book one. Huntington drives ... I can't remember. He drove a Lexus in one of the books. If either car company would like to contact me to test for a few months/years EITHER vehicle, just let me know. I will be happy to test them out and, if deserving, put in any pertinent details in future books should my characters continue to drive them. Please include nifty gadgets because I like gadgets and they would be very likely to get some page time if I think they are way cool.

If there is any company out there that has a robo-maid, I'd really like to test that too...
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't mind if the Toyota guys wanted to give me a car to test out as well...

I'd rather see authors find ways to make enough money writing to support themselves than have extra jobs, and if ads allow that, all the better.

But I'm a pretty laid-back, hard to bother type. I'm not going to put down a story I like because there's ads in it. I didn't stop watching TV because of the ads, I left because the content got so lame. I don't skip magazines because of the ads either, though once again, I will skip them for lame content.
Keryl Raist is offline   Reply With Quote