View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #25
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Well, even as a programer, I would be wary of saying that unless i have all the facts.
It's just like saying "bokeen is doing a good job". We don't know about it.
Not testing the release with respect to battery time is pretty bad since it is an important parameter. I am pretty sure that the battery time was reduced when they tried to fix another bug (missing of keys pressed) and that the design of the whole system is so bad that solving the key press problem (probably by just increasing the polling) affected the battery time so it was halved.

Quote:
Mmm, what firmware version are you talking about ? Battery seams to have a long life enough for me.
The first firmware had 6-7 days with the Cybook on all the time. The firmware release with the bad time had around 3 days. In later releases they managed to increase it to around 4 days but it is still not as good as in the original release.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote