View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #22
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
I have to admit that I love my Cybook too much to try out a stunt like installing another developers firmware.
I also doubt it would work - both developers have some kind of software running that is used to do the update, I doubt it would install any software but the one that is ment by the developer.
You're right. It doesn't work.
The firmware that is already in place must have som update function that reads the new image from the sd card.
For one thing, pocketbook and cybook use different keys to launch the update sequence. You would have to reflash the device with a complete firmware in some different way for it to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter
If i were to try a guess : the e-book market is very small. In france, i bought the Cybook in october last year, it was the first reader availible in france. Folowed by the Sony some times later. Small market means not a lots of sales , means not a lot of money.
Who says they have to restrict themselves to french market. I'm not french, cybook doesn't even have a distributor in my country. Nowadays the bussiness is carried out on a global scale with internet and all that. I'm sure Bookeen has customers all over the world and the potential market is also global. You just need good arguments to convince would-be customers to order a device from a small company like Bookeen and have it shipped over half the world.

Last edited by Abelturd; 03-18-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote