View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #265
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp View Post
DaleDe, either you are confused or I am. If you want to buy a book from Amazon in Kindle format, you must own a Kindle, since such books are available only to a Kindle account whose setup requires that a Kindle (the one you own, and five others, if you wish to add them) be registered. Those books are downloaded to that Kindle. The Kindle for iphone was created to allow me to read on the iphone the same Kindle-formatted books I am reading on the Kindle, to the point where each device reads where I have stopped on the other. If you don't own a Kindle, why would you even bother with the iphone/Kindle app?
With the new Kindle iPhone app, you don't have to own a Kindle. You can register your iPhone with your Amazon account and buy Kindle books using your iPhone. No Kindle necessary.

ETA: As I see many people have already pointed out. Sorry, missed the new page of replies.

Last edited by chorpler; 03-09-2009 at 06:38 PM.
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote