View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 05:29 AM   #11
zoikers
zoikers began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Yikes, I'm a Kindle owner and I can tell you the Kindle is not a "cheap piece of junk" and I would buy it again if I were making the choice today. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase because I'm very happy with mine.
I apologize if I hurt your feelings. My perspective was coming from handling both. I found the plastic of the Kindle to be inferior compared to the brushed metal of the Sony, the case made of more quality material and maybe the biggest factor was that I found it so easy to inadvertently turn pages on the Kindle while reading that I got really frustrated. It could very well be due to me being clumsy or my brain being pre-conditioned to this being an issue when I read Kindle reviews and listened to Kindle owners on Podcasts like TWIT and GeekBrief. I can understand however that my reference to it being a 'piece of junk' hurtful if you paid the kind of money that these readers command and that you personally like it. There are definitely a few features that the Kindle has that the Sony does not such as WIFI.
zoikers is offline   Reply With Quote