View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
carnivroar
Enthusiast
carnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-T1 White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I guess most of them either don't use the dictionary that often or use other ebook readers better suited for French.
Check out the E-book reader with best dictionary look-up feature ? thread for some Kindle alternatives.

BTW, there's also a French MR subforum. Why don't you ask the French MR users for some recommendations?

When I encounter this problem, I simply copy the word (using Select, Right Arrow and Space), delete the article and the apostrophe and then look up the word manually. However, this method works only with uninflected words.

In spite of these annoying shortcomings I like my Kindle 3, because you can install any number of Mobipocket dictionaries and it's relatively easy to convert dictionaries from other formats to the Mobipocket format.
I asked there, thanks.
carnivroar is offline   Reply With Quote