Thread: OCR to use
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 01:07 AM   #7
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Both are outstanding and both have the possibility to take out headers and footers (inclusive page numbers), but…
FineReader support confirmed that the only way to remove the headers would be through templates, but the templates rely on each page having exactly the same layout. Which is quite difficult to achieve (there is always a shift of a milimeter or two). I solved the problem by writing a quick and dirty application which searches for the first line of texts and overwrites it with white. It worked quite fine on my test book.

Quote:
If you have the money, go with one of these 2, you will not regret it, and with the OpticBook you have the perfect twin machine to convert books.
Thanks. I will see if Omnipage Pro has a demo version, try it, and then decide which one to get.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote