View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
What a depressing thought, never to re-read my favourite books. That would be like saying that I wouldn't listen to a loved piece of music again, because there are lots of pieces of music that I haven't yet heard.
If musical pieces took a week, on average, to complete... then I wouldn't take the time to re-listen to those either.

I don't know about you, but music tends to just "happen" to me... with absolutely no effort on my part to hear it; whereas reading takes a focused effort. A focused effort that I no longer have the patience and/or desire to repeat... especially for a diluted reward.

I don't have time to re-read anymore either, but when I did... I especially enjoyed Captain's Courageous, Call of the Wild and the like.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote