View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #25
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Ohdearohdearohdear... I've been spewing out loads books with 16 shades of gray PNG images lately. But I've never noticed anything untoward in the images, neither on PC sony Reader or PRS-T1. I use imagemagick (convert in.jpg -colorspace gray -colors 16 out.png), and then use pngcrush, but without specifying bit depth. Maybe that's what prevented the problem.

To be on the safe side, I'll use Tex2002ans' suggestion and use 17 shades from now on...

EDIT: checked the images, the images are indeed 8-bit PseudoClass 256c. The file-sizes are nice and small, though.

Last edited by SBT; 10-14-2013 at 07:55 AM.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote