View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #27
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
Wait. there's usb download mode for the Kindle 3 now?! more information? (PM me if you don't want to talk publicly) thanks!
K3 USB Downloader mode history: I played with Advanced Toolkit a bit after poking around and finding the K3 "magic key" (mentioned in the GPL source code) to start USB Downloader mode (Vol-), then mentioned it as a possible debricking tool (with more study) in my "simple debricking" thread. Then hawhill played with it too, but did not get much farther than me. Recently, hawhill began playing with it again, and after studying its source code, he has made WONDERFUL progress, including flashing kernel and main partition with it on a K3.

I still have not found the "Magic Key" for DX or DXG.

I hope we can add the K3 to your "One Button Recovery" tool.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-02-2012 at 12:50 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote