View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by liaonet View Post
You are so right there is no von support on the fire and rooting it does not help.

I tried hacking my router and using hide my ass.com but the fire did not like it even though my Mac works fine.

After many frustrating days and wasted cash I came across these guys;
http://www.unblock-us.com/

It works an absolute treat and is super simple to setup on the Kindle Fire.

I used the free trial and immediately bought a years subscription.

The only drawback is that you need to manually input your il address and dns settings

as their service works by a clever dns server trick.

This is definitely the way to go.

I will try setiing my whole network dns to point to their dns servers later so I can switch the kindle back to using dhcp but till then it works perfectly. :-)

Undoubtedly the best solution.
This looks interesting, and I kind of wish I was taking a trip out of the country to test if it would work. Is there anything different about setting it up on the Fire that doesn't appear on the Android Set-up page? http://support.unblock-us.com/custom...rticles/291571
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote