View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Seems no one is expecting an official reaction of Kobos development team. Personally, I'm suprised that the Kobo Marketing Department didn't step in already (internally) for damage-control and protecting brand reputation and demanded certain actions to be taken to improve usability, flexability, user-friendliness of the devices, fix existing bugs and take serious notice of complaints posted on the internet about introduced features and seeking for solutions to improve 'm.
The Marketing Department must be aware that there are ongoing problems regarding the development of firmware updates as the number of bugs don't seem to go down (fast enough). And the most serious bugs are still not fixed.
I understand that bugs are part of a firmware cycle but I also expect those to be fixed a.s.a.p.
The Marketing Department is the one making the decisions as to what features are added or removed from the firmware.

Taking 2.5.2 as an example, the developers didn't just decide to add the title to every page. The marketing people decided that they needed this, for some reason.

In general, the developers do what they are told. They may make tactical decisions, like where to store the cover images of books on the SD card, or when to generate/cache cover images, but something like the title display is not going to be originating with the developers.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote