View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #77
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNova View Post
I updated to v 0.33c patch v13. I successfully completed both steps for the upgrade.I still have 1.7 GB free on a 2 GB card. I thought that the problem might be that I'm using a Kingston Micro SD card with an adaptor, but when I switched it out for a 1 GB pny card I use for backing up my books I got " No corresponding files found." (After the update I didn't transfer any books to the device itself- they're all on the card.) After pushing the reset button, it worked great, though it took awhile to get started- It has almost 1500 books on it. In case your curious that's 186 pages! Anyway, I'll just go back to using the other card and use the reset as needed. It's not a problem for me. I keep a paperclip on the case.
Even on a Sony 505 (which I also own), putting more than approx. 300 books on the device slows it down - even more so if the books are on an SD card. (You mention 186 pages - do you mean 186 screens of folders/files to go through?)

My educated guess (and personal experience) is that these reading devices just aren't ready to handle such a large library due to file structure limitations.

If the problem disappears (read: improves) by lowering the book count, then I would say that's the problem on the slow loading.

If that is, indeed, the problem then you might want to get creative with a set of SD cards and rearrange your books on them according to divisions of the alphabet, or genre type

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-12-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote