View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #25
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastelander View Post
Thanks for the replies so far

What about battery life and freezing issues with each one? The more I have read, the more I see the kobo is potentially the less stable reader with a lot less battery life - what do you guys think?
I've had it freeze once or twice but usually it just restarts itself. I read about 2h-3h a day and I only have to charge once every 2-3 weeks, 4 weeks if I don't use it much. And that's with the SD card in.

The Syncing used to be so so, but now it works flawlessly, I can read a few chapters on my phone then open my Kobo Touch up and it will pop up saying a more recent bookmark is available and if I want to go to it.

Going to endnotes seem to be book specific, I have a really nice ePub of Les Miserables and the endnotes work fine and only takes about 2 seconds to open the endnote and almost instant to go back when you press the back button.

Some people don't like the slider, and I agree that it isn't the most accurate thing for plain ePubs, but the books that you buy and sync from Kobo it works good since you drag through pages in chapter instead of pages in book, I find it works good for Bible reading.

Last edited by The Terminator; 04-16-2012 at 01:13 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote