View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Not possible to turn it off that I am aware of, definitely something I would like to have an option for. Particularly when I share my books with my parents Calibre library - my Dad imports them, but unless he goes down the route of "adding a tag for new books" then removing it in batches etc unfortunately it is impossible for him to see the newest books that I have just sent him. Which is a real pain.

The only workaround I have found for this (when I remember) is in the source library to do a bulk edit before I export/copy to library on the books, and set the date field to Today. However I don't always remember.

I can understand for people restoring their Calibre system after corruption from the opf files why they would want date preserved. However in the other use cases (moving books between libraries as you process them, or sharing your books with another user for import into their library) it is highly undesirable to have "date added" left at it's source value imho.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote