View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #26
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
llcj - That is not the case in all areas and as I said, we only have the older Kindle models. The staples near me does not carry the Sony. The Future Shop or Best Buy we went to only had Kobo & Sony's locked up in a cage. They didn't even carry the Kindle. This was back in October.

The Staples, Best Buy & Future Shop Canada's websites don't even list the Kindles. I know The Source (formerly Radio Shack) carries Kindles including the older keyboard ones. Nobody I've found has the new ones. Not even the non-touch black Kindle.

I know for a fact that stores essentially rent space to different manufacturers and when they don't pay, they don't get much shelf space. Certainly not a prime spot that's for sure. I frequent Sephora and have gotten friendly with the staff. Even the makeup companies pay for space in the store. It's at a premium. While websites have unlimited space, physical stores do not and can't carry every line nor every product from those lines. Pay for play. No pay, no display.

And Staples isn't exactly the first store that comes to mind when thinking to buy electronics. While they do carry stuff like that, they're known as an office supplies place.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote