View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Greetings TenaciousBadger,

Glad it worked, man, congratulations!!!
It's a good feeling having your first working TOC, no?

You probably already know this, but there's a lot of discussion about which editor to use to edit html files. It's really a matter of personal preference, but there's one point of general agreement: stay away from MS Word! I don't know how it is now, but Word used to insert a big "soup" of unneeded code into your files. You want a tool that doesn't try to embellish what you do.

For my taste, an editor that knows how to handle html is nice, because it will highlight the structure of the html (for instance by coloring the tags). When I last used Kompozer about four years ago, it was a decent freeware tool and I am sure it still is. These days I do everything in the Dreamweaver code window (not free). Here is a review of "best html editors" from a source I trust.

Wishing you lots of fun with your ebooks,

Andy
playful is offline   Reply With Quote