Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #628
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkobo View Post
I read a book some time past (at least 5 years ago I think) way before I got my first ereader.

It was SF, there was a midshipman or ensign or a lieutenant j.g. or similar, anyway a very junior (space) navy officer. All the senior "watch" officers are killed in an accident when their shuttle explodes. A couple of old officers are left but the rules in that navy are that some officers (the engineer?) cannot command a spaceship.
So this youngster takes command of the ship and goes on to complete the mission.
I recall that he had to deal with insubordination and a potential mutiny but not much more.
I know it was part of a series, though I did not get to read any sequels.

I would like to read it again (and the sequels) but I really cannot remember the title or the author.
Probably
David Feintuch - Midshipman's Hope
7 books in the series

Released by Open Road in the UK, so Books on Board probably have them cheapest (Never sure why, I think they can't believe the list price is in £ and convert it from dollars instead)
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote