View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMacs View Post
I also read several things at once but I've found that I personally don't fully enjoy reading multiple novels at the same time. For me, their effect seems diluted when I do that.

I've read other works with tales within tales (Don Quixote comes to mind) and enjoyed those. I may well read Melmoth after finishing Musashi. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm actively trying to stop myself of that habit because, like you, I feel it dilutes the overall effect and the full enjoyment of reading only one book at one time.

I just read "The Passage," by Justin Cronin and was fully immersed in the story. I attribute that to concentrating only on that book, in addition to the wonderful writing by Cronin.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote