View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #1036
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Okay. I thought maybe you did a Modify Epub step or something.

My testing shows that the language in the epub is preserved when calibre writes the epub to device if the calibre language field is empty. But I can certainly see calibre losing that in conversion if the calibre language field is empty.

The FFDL code was intended to default the language to English in calibre, too, but that code is mildly broken. It will be fixed in the next version.
Er, as I guessed in my earlier post, the last time I ended up with an ebook without language metadata I was probably still using the MOBIs directly created by FFDL

I am not sure though ... I looked at some of the earlier AO3 downloads where I kept the MOBIs because they indexed without hiccups and I had already attached notes to them, but they are all marked as en in the MOBI metadata ...

Maybe I misremembered and the MOBIs with missing language metadata where the ones directly I downloaded from AO3 when I was browsing the site from my kindle, to be later replaced with FFDL-downloaded ones (there were a few of those)? If that is indeed the case, I'm sorry!

In the meantime, the AO3 feature request has been added. And their MOBIs with missing language metadata are in there too, so either way, this should be fixed once they implement it .