View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:30 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
There are only a few methods available. It all depends on what you are willing to pay and readability of the book. Basically there are two encryption schemes. One by Adobe and one by B&N. Almost or all e-readers can read the Adobe encrypted files, but only the nook (afaik) can read the B&N encrypted files. Both cost a substantial amount of money to buy the encryption software. Perhaps Apple has a third encryption for the iPad, but I do not know nor care.

Any other encryption/security measure will lead to incompatible epub files, because the reader software does not know how to handle it.

Both encryption schemes have been cracked though. Basically I would not buy a book which has DRM or is encrypted which is not removable. A lot of people are that way. There is also no lock on a paperback or hardback when I buy it. It is silly and will only harm those who want to buy and will not stop pirating.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote