View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #39
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Bob.

FW induced readers to purchase long term memberships by creating the expectation that deals would be available for the length of their memberships. A question is created regarding whether they have delivered to their members that which they promised. A further question is whether FW had a duty, if any, to tell its members that the opportunities it promised was about to evaporate. I, for one, refuse to believe that FW decided Wednesday morning that they were going to both reduce the books offered and further increase the cost of the books that remained. I believe they had a duty to those from whom they had accepted money to give them a warning of the impending changes.

To you, as an experienced hand in the ebook business, this might not be news. To me, as a newbie who paid good money to FW for a long term relationship, this was important news. Sorry you don't see it that way. If they had told me, I would have purchased the books in my wish list that are now gone.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote