View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
Cheddartrek
Cheddartrek began at the beginning.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch w/ GlowLight
Highlights & Notes

I'm sure this has been discussed a million times, but I don't see any recent threads on it so here goes...

Is there a way yet to get your Highlights & Notes off of the Nook SimpleTouch with Glowlight?

I realize that part of the issue is apparently that you can only store so much of a book elsewhere than the book, or something, but what I'm working with is stuff that I wrote myself. I know that matters not to B&N but it's an important point for me.

I had always assumed that if I added Highlights or Notes to things that I'd be able to get them off later or at least see them in a much more readable format than they appear.

Basically I will write some stuff, either professionally or for fun, convert it into an epub, and proofread it later on my Nook. I will make notes and add highlights later as I go through it, and I'd like easier access to those on my computer for when I'm making the edits.

I didn't realize that I couldn't get them off the stupid Nook until I'd added notes/highlights for a great deal of my work.

So is there a way to do this? I haven't rooted my Nook but I'd be willing to try -- does it change the basic functionality much? Just add more functionality? Completely change the OS?
Cheddartrek is offline   Reply With Quote