View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
She might want to look into Michelle Sagara's Chronicles of Elantra. The books all start with "Cast" (Cast in Flame, Cast in Sorrow, etc.)

IMO, it's a sort of cross between fantasy and urban fantasy - the main character - Kayla - is around 21. She's had some bad stuff happen to her in her past, but it's never graphically explained.

Spoiler:
She was raped as a young girl. In addition, she grew up in a very bad part of the city, and her (also young) companion killed two very young children they were taking care of because of some magic affecting Kayla - he did it to save the main character, but it's a big deal in her life, naturally). It's hard to explain in a short paragraph. Other than this situation in Kayla's past, and a few references to other women who are forced to live as prostitutes in the bad section of town, there's no sex so far in this series (10 books so far!)

I can give you a better synopsis if you're interested. I would have loved it at 15, but I know that some 15-year-olds are "older" than others.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote