View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #30
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Star Wars was first published six months before the movie was released. The author was listed as George Lucas but, was actually written by Alan Dean Foster. I bought it because it sounded like a nice read. It said soon to be a major motion picture but, at the time the book did not sell well. After the movie release they released it again and it hit number one on the NY Times Bestsellers Chart. The book also differed in some respects to the movie. I still have my copy.
There was a rumor that wouldn't die for a long time that Star Wars the movie existed because Star Wars the novel hadn't sold very well.

I wish I had an original, but the one I read was in a classroom library and was in very bad shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I also have an original Starship Troopers. When that stupid movie came out people were offering ridiculous amounts for them. I will keep mine and if my son wishes to sell them after I am gone that is OK with me.
I read somewhere (tvtropes?) that the Starship Troopers movie was actually an attempt to remake Gung Ho! for the '90s. Since they couldn't use the original film's plot, they went with something splatter-heavy and a lot more socially acceptable (bugs instead of Japanese).
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote