View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #159
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I don't understand. First you said:
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with lending your mother your reading device with the book on it - that way, only one person has the eBook, and there's no piracy.
But then, when I suggest doing exactly that, you say that it's not permitted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's piracy if you do it outside the terms of the way that the content is licensed to be used, and if you read the Kindle "Terms and Conditions", you'll see that what you postulate is not permitted.
So which is it?

Can you point to the section of the Kindle "Terms and Conditions" where it says that you can not have the same book on multiple devices? Or where it explicitly says that you can not loan your Kindle to someone else?

As far as I can see, it is definitely not against the terms to have multiple people reading books on different devices tied to the same account. If it were, why would Amazon have this statement on the "Manage Your Kindle" page?
Quote:
You should turn synchronization off only if:

You and someone else are reading the same book, AND
The Kindles are registered to a single account
Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote