View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpullman View Post
I am trying to understand the difference between Mobipocket and Calibre. One is a software application while the other is a writing program -- is that correct?
Mobipocket is a company that sells software for reading its own format (MOBI) ebooks on PDAs, phones, etc. It was purchased by Amazon, who uses the MOBI format on the Kindle line of ereaders. Calibre is software for managing an ebook library. It has a reader component, conversion components for changing the format (including to/from MOBI format), a database for accessing the ebooks and sending them to ereader devices, etc.

Quote:
Someone who has a Kindle-prep tutorial on the internet asked me to send a chapter of my book. I did so, and it was returned to me in what I now realize was a Mobi file. Yet the person had just discovered Calibre -- she admitted that she knew nothing about it -- and thought that it might help me.

I then opened the file that she had sent, thinking that I was using Calibre.
You weren't using calibre unless you'd installed it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote