View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 03:56 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
The question may be, can you move an existing "anonymous installation" from one computer to another. I'm interested in this question as well. I have an ageing netbook that I use only for Digital Editions and as a "juke box" to play flac files through a high quality d/a. I would like to replace this without losing all my current books. Actually, I won't lose anything since I disinfect everything that arrives through digital editions.

And yes I know that I can register up to six devices if I want to hand over personal information. I do not want to do so. Adobe is an American company, therefore I have absolutely no right, let alone, expectation of privacy. For all I know, I can have some anonymous characters show up on my doorstep for a game of extraordinary rendition because someone in homeland security didn't like my reading list. Unlikely perhaps but as far as the US goes it would be perfectly legal regardless of where I might be on the globe.
I didn't though about not authorized installations. The one time i downloaded book that way, i regretted it.
You're being paranoid. Nobody cares about your reading list.
Even if you where involved in suspicious activities, it's not what would be looked after.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote