View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
kenjennings
Edge User

Question

I had the same thing happen yesterday. After unlocking the display the LCD was on, but it wasn't registering screen clicks. I had put the Settings icon on the home desktop and was able to get into the configuration to start LCD calibration using the trackball. The calibration program accepted my first screen click for the first target, and then after that nothing. Eventually, I just shut it down and restarted and then it worked fine.

Maybe this is (oddly) wifi related? The experience above happened the first time I started the edge at home with the wifi switched on after it had spent the day at work where wifi was not available and the wifi interface turned off.

I've noticed another odd happening with the LCD screen today. The screen is set to turn off/lock after two minutes and it is doing this. But, today, at a longer interval -- seems to be about 5 minutes -- the screen keeps turning itself back on. Two theories for this: 1) I left the edge's wi-fi turned on this morning here at work where there is no wifi. Yesterday, when the wifi switch was turned off this was not occurring. 2) Something is being routinely updated on the home desktop causing it to think it needs to turn on the lcd backlight.

Update: I think this second behavior is somehow related to battery charging or to the process that monitors the battery charging. I went to view the battery use and instead of seeing a list of processes/apps and the percentage of battery used the screen is blank with just a title message "While last unplugged for 1s". It was previously unplugged and in use for several hours last night. It has been plugged in the entire time in the office and the battery has reached fully charged status, so it appears to me that it is confused about the time it spent on battery power last night.

I disconnected the power cable for a few minutes and then after putting it back on the power adapter the Battery Status display now reports some processes and a reasonable time spent on battery, AND the screen has stopped turning itself back on every few minutes.

So, at least as far as this second behavior goes it appears there's something in the edge that gets confused when the system is operated and shut down on battery, and then later restarted on the power adapter.

Last edited by kenjennings; 04-08-2010 at 11:51 AM.