View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
when i was in toronto, my cousins took me to the beach, which was absolutely gorgeous. we started from the end near the water treatment plant (which is actually a beautiful neoclassic building, recently renovated) and walked all the way along the boardwalk. we saw geese and ducks (you might not, it was in october, i don't know where they live in summer) and the view is really striking, and the colours were magnificent.

we also visited downtown ; there are some really great neighborhoods which i'm sure an actual toronto... person (torontan ? toronto-ite ?? what's the name of the habitants of toronto ?) can tell you about, one neighborhood (near chinatown, i think) there was a lot of little shops and markets, we went to a cheese shop and a bakery and had pie, and there were funky clothes shops too.

downtown there is the deco school which is a stunning building, looks like a giant matchbox on stilts ! and a lot of really funky neighborhoods that are just fun to walk in because the buildings are pretty interesting to look at. i could probably point on a map but i forget exactly. there was a big park and one of those big department stores nearby, the park was full of black squirrels !!

i also went up the CN tower. it was farking expensive (27$ !!!!!!!) but it was worth it, the view was striking. i walked all the way around and just stared out, at the city, but mostly over the lake, which was breathtaking. the weather was perfect that day. that glass floor is terrifying though. luckily it's just a small part.

i really loved it ; i can't remember all the things we did, a lot of stuff just around the city (at the time, they were living in greektown, and we did a lot in their neighborhood too). it's definitely worth going !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote