Thread: Who's WHO?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Who's WHO?

It was suggested that I start a new thread about this, rather than (or perhaps in addition to) corrupting the "Corrupt-a-wish" thread.

My first Doctor was Tom Baker, but I've seen a few of the others as well, generally on poor quality VHS tapes being passed around by fans. Now a lot of the early episodes are becoming available on DVD, even in the benighted USA. So I've been checking into which episodes are actually available (after that awful purge by the BBC).

Here are my picks to build up my Doctor Who collection (all I have currently is the first three seasons of "new" Doctor Who):

The Beginning Collection - First Doctor Who eps! (Hartnell) First Daleks!
The Dalek Invasion of Earth - More Daleks!
The Tenth Planet (1975) - First Cybermen! Last Hartnell! (But way too expensive as OOP VHS.)

The Tomb of the Cybermen - Early cybermen ep - Troughton

Spearhead from Space - First Pertwee ep, first (?) UNIT ep
The Claws of Axos (Episode 57) - Early face-off against The Master
The Green Death (Episode 69) - Doctor Who plus hippie environmentalists
The Time Warrior (Episode 70) - First Sarah Jane episode!

Robot (Episode 75) - First Tom Baker episode
Genesis of the Daleks (Episode 78) - Greek tragedy "seeds of own destruction" stuff
The Hand of Fear (Episode 87) - Last Sarah Jane Ep.
The Deadly Assassin - Solo Doctor ep, history on Gallifrey (VHS only)
The Invasion of Time (Episode 97) - What if the Doctor was EVIL? And took over Gallifrey? (VHS)
The Key to Time Collection - One of my favorite stories
City of Death (Episode 105) - Co-written by Douglas Adams - very funny story
New Beginnings (The Keeper of Traken / Logopolis / Castrovalva) - Transition from Tom Baker to Peter Davidson

Earthshock (Episode 122) - Peter Davidson vs. the Cybermen
Resurrection of the Daleks (Episode 134) - Peter Davidson vs. the Daleks

Beneath The Surface (Doctor Who And The Silurians / The Sea Devils / Warriors Of The Deep) - Pertwee (twice) and later Davidson face the same aliens three different times - and are unable to negotiate peace.

Doctor Who: The Complete Fourth Series - Obviously!!!

Any other suggestions? Does anyone remember when The Master first shows up?

Evidently my husband is more of a Leela fan, as well. Anyone want to suggest a particularly good Leela episode?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote