View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanSR View Post
Hello
I am having difficulty uploading an ePub file to Smashwords.
I use Coffeecup HTML editor and Calibre x64
Every time I upload the file to Smashwords that has been generated using Calibre, I get the message
"Please move the Table of Contents to the front of the book."

I have moved the HTML code to the front of the book just before the Title page and still I get the message.
When I view the ePub using Adobe Digital editions the clickable TOC is at the front of the book before the Title page.

Can anyone help.

Kind regards
When moving the epub element there are 2 places you need to change.

Firstly move the code which relates to the TOC in the TOC.NCX file to be in the correct order.

Then you also need to fix the playorder numbering so it's concurrent

Then in your content.opf file to need to change the order in the "Spine" section.

I'd also add this code in the content.opf file
Between the spine section and the close package </package>

PHP Code:
  </spine>
<
guide>
<
reference type="toc" title="Table of Contents" href="whateveryoucalledyourTOCfile.xhtml"/>
</
guide>
</
package
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote