View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:42 AM   #15
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I found this article interesting: http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmo...-like-the-fts/

I've been using those paywall workarounds for a long time but I am not the kind of user who subscribes. I just want to read an article every now and then when it's linked. The kind of user who subscribes (has the money and wants to read a LOT of articles), will probably pay to avoid the hassle of the workarounds.
Personally I think that a lot of the subscribers are expensing the costs. Their company is paying. Also a lot of times, people in the same business, like medical doctors have an agreement to provide professional courtesy. No money exchanges hands but they each benefit from the expertise of the other. My guess would be that they do count these arrangements in their subscriber numbers but not on their tax returns.

I have done it with aircraft.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote