View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #382
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
May I also suggest something I've come to notice on EVERY e-ink screen I've come across, that will nullify any pictures taken from the device?

It seems that when loading a page, after a while (and especially when leaving the reader in full sunlight) the white background becomes more gray-ish, and the black text becomes more grayish too.
This could potentially give many pictures of people who just don't like the device and want to criticize the product.

For instance,it is possible to load a page on the JBC, keep it opened for a few hours in sunlight, and then open that same page on another JBC and take a screen shot of both.
If you'd for instance do this with a kindle VS JBC, one could exaggerate the difference fairly easily,making one of the two devices look really bad.
But as soon as you refresh the page, the background will become a lot lighter.

I don't know what the reason is, or why, but especially my Sony PRS505 had that, only after a few minutes of being in the sun, the background started to rasterize (small blocks of darker color appeared, making the background look really grey, reducing the overall contrast). On my Astak EZ Reader Pro, I see no rasterization, but the background does become evenly grey.

Having said this, I think we need to take most pictures with a grain of salt. Video's showing a page as it's being refreshed (and hopefully unedited video too) give a much more precise view of the difference between both device's contrasts.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote