View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #22
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by momghoti View Post
I can see why there may be confusion about the FoxIt, especially if there are language issues--it looks just like a Cybook. What that may mean is that they are using the same basic firmware tweaked for their purposes...close enough to start the...well, 'upgrade' isn't quite right... but not close enough to do anything but hang it. If he can get the build 538 to work, and get around the thing being stuck at the first screen, maybe that will get around it. I did read somewhere in the forums about someone resurrecting a cybook stuck at the first screen( is that the 'splash' screen?) but I can't remember what exactly they did--it involved a sequence of button pushes.
I did that a while ago - in both directions - on my old Netronix EB-100. First had problems putting Build538fmt onto it and then had problems re-installing Netronix firmware. But by the time I had gone through the Build538fmt a second time, I was an 'old hand' at it. Of course, that's been MONTHS ago...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote