View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 03:07 AM   #15
Lupin
Enthusiast
Lupin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse HD, ReMarkable
If you have bought your device from bookeen, i.e. it is basic Cybook and not Bookeen's partner tweaked and rebranded device like Adlibris Letto, Bookeen can change which store your device is accessing, Bookeen's or Adliris'.

I have tried this as I thought that from Adlibris store I could buy books directly with my Odyssey. That does not work, however. There are some tweaks in Letto's firmware that are not present in bare bones Odyssey. E.g. the library sync does not work. The store's device authorization works differently (with base Odyssey, I should have used my AdobeID credentials also for the Adlibris store account).

Bookeen cannot (or is not willing to, I do not know which) change the firmware to Adlibris version.

In the end I requested the store to be reverted back to original Bookeen's store. Bookeen complied and I'm back in original configuration.

I got nice responses from Bookeen's support via their ticket system. A great improvement compared to the direct e-mail to support some time ago.

Adlibris store might have worked if I would have used my AdobeID credentials for store account, I did not want to try.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote