View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
Krystl
Connoisseur
Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-t1
so mojo--i have ONLY used calibre and it has nothing to do with the device software. the most unhelpful comment ever received here as it does not deal with the issue at all. i found it rather a turn off, to be honest. i asked an honest question to what turns out to be a known device bug. if you have never had it or have something to offer, then just don't respond.

i have had it occuring EVERY SINGLE time for over 2 weeks and that is not without ejecting the device, etc. started "spontaneously" without any connection to the pc at all. very frustrating!

Thank you speaking and bla --so nice to know that I'm not the only one. i gather it just "righted itself" at some point for both of you. i wonder why it didn't do that for me--it was daily every single time (kept hoping it would just clear up)?

i have never had the closing problem and very very rarely a page skip (much less than me double-turning in a book). so i guess i cannot complain.

because there is no real solution, i did go "all out" and factory reset.

MY SOLUTION:

i DID do a hard reset and wipe the device easily (following the directions linked in another mr post) and the problem has resolved itself. i just wanted to let you know that it does help in case this happens to someone else. I just did the hard reset and then reloaded my calibre library (made things so much easier to have everything right there and formatted, etc.) and my screen shot for standby. it immediately worked correctly and so far (ok, 24 hours) hasn't freaked out.

i DO wish that it was not a problem, but that is another issue.
Krystl is offline   Reply With Quote