View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #1598
KindelFan
KindelFan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaesse View Post
KindelFan, the custom column would be in Calibre, and referenced by the plugin. What I have is:

Column built from other columns
{series:'test($,re(re($,"(^.*?)\.+?(.*)","\1 & \1.\2"),"\.+?"," - "),field("author_sort"))'}

And I now remember there's a slight complication to mine that I'm not sure how to remove... I have it looking for "sub-series" so that I can have my books show both in "Doctor Who" and "Doctor Who.1st Doctor" (as Doctor Who - 1st Doctor). If you don't use sub-series, and have no "." in series, there's no reason my settings wouldn't work for you, though it's more complicated than necessary. If you do have periods in your series, you'll either need someone more knowledgeable about the language than me to remove the complication, or wait until my brother visits (should be later tonight), and I'll try to get him to uncomplicate.
Hello Vaesse,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunatelly i do have . in my series and i belive i have some sub series as well. Could you be of any help with that ? That regexp is just too much for me.....