Thread: Troubleshooting KINDLE 3 ORGANIZE SERIES
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kams13 View Post
FIXED IT

I don't know why...

Ok... so after loading and reloading and trying this way of sorting or THAT way of sorting... I finally got it to work...

2) I edited all the meta data so it reflected what i wanted (i put in the series, and put them in the correct order 1, 2, 3 etc)

3) I changed all the "publication dates" to the same date. I chose dec 21 2008 just because that was the first one i came across (although not the original publication date of the first novel).

Good luck to anybody else out there!
I use to do this also, but with the Calibre metadata plugboard, the goal is not to have to do all this manual work to get the series in the correct order. I have to just play with the plugboard to get the series to appear in the right order, i know it is something small.

UPDATED: I was sorting by Most Recent First not Title, therefore, they showed up in reverse order. Now, having them sort by Title, all books are lined up in order from 1 thru X. So happy that someone pointed this out to me. It's the little things. Good luck Kams13, highly recommend you going over to the Calibre section of MobileRead and checking out the Kindle Collections plug-in. It cuts down on all the work you have to do to add Collections to your Kindle.

Last edited by chilady1; 03-07-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Updated Information
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote