View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by droople View Post
PS: I forgot to mention that I'm not making Latin language ebooks, so I have to embed fonts, instead of letting reader choose themselves.
I agree that makes a point in favour of embedding, but still it's not strictly necessary. For instance, while ADE does not support non-Latin scripts, the Cybook readers let the user select a custom font, and if the font supports the scripts all is fine.

For non-Latin scripts, however, the distinction between serif and sans-serif is often not valid, and there are other styles used. I'm not so sure a clear rule can be given, it depends a lot on the script and the particular font... and still it's a matter of user taste!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote