View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer23 View Post
When thinking MOBILE CELLPHONE READER, is the Iphone the best option ?
What about HTC/NOKIA/GOOGLE devices ? Is there a good reader for them as well or is Stanza one step ahead ?
I'm currently reading on an HTC Incredible and have tried several reader apps. Aldiko will read .epub and is generally considered the most polished. FBReader probably runs second, but the Android version seems to be in an earlier state of development than the Maemo version I used on my n800. It doesn't handle many file types yet, but hopefully that will change. There are readers for text files and Ereader DRM'd material but they aren't very good. So I'm in the process of converting my collection to .epub for use with Aldiko.

Getting books onto the device is a breeze - I can use the "save to disk" option in Calibre to transfer books to my phone's SD card via USB, or just transfer them via Bluetooth.

I haven't tried downloading books directly to the device, but there's an option for it in Aldiko.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote