View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #356
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Did you empty the cover cache folder of previous cover screensavers? It seems it will not make new cover images of books that already have a cover image in the folder. (also, if you change your personal info, you need to delete the pinfo image in the cover cache folder so that it will generate a new pinfo image with the new information).
Hi GoSharks!

Yup- I removed the generated covers (to my hard-drive as they were nice)- but left the basics there of course (blanks for other features). Not using pinfo yet, just cover and black.

The strange thing is everything was working before, so I'm suspicious of either necessary rebooting or perhaps a bad update somehow. Note that I didn't see changes in folder modification dates or files with a cursory glance. Python however did show a newer folder date when updated.

Thanks for all suggestions!

ps- if there's a method for uninstall that doesn't lose the stock screen-savers, I guess I could go that route?

QUESTION: Is an ASIN embedded into the book necessary for the screensaver hack to work? I see that it uses the ASIN to name the screensaver it makes, but what if it doesn't have an ASIN (i.e. converted via Calibre)?

Last edited by AllenH; 01-25-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added question
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote